for Philia

4/20/2021 c28 1234booklover
Wow! Brilliant poem!
3/13/2021 c27 1234booklover
Hmm... I'm not too sure how I feel about this. I guess I'm so used reading and writing poems with deeper meanings, connecting reality to another world. it's odd to see one that talks about COVID
3/13/2021 c23 1234booklover
Nice
2/26/2021 c26 Guest
Utterly haunting. Rather sad but connected with me well.
2/26/2021 c25 Guest
Deep and meaningful
2/5/2021 c24 1234booklover
OkAy WOw. Wonderful poem!
And I totally can connect with your social anxiety. It's so hard so socialize, you don't know what the other person is thinking, and what if they are disgusted by you? And then you find this person who doesn't care who you are... And you can finally be free with them... I love this poem!
12/22/2020 c22 21234booklover
This could be perceived as romantic love too, instead of platonic...
12/6/2020 c32 1234booklover
This is a lot like my story... except the part about the parents isn't true :)
I love the second verse...
Could I presume, that How Strange could be a sequel to this?
11/27/2020 c31 1234booklover
Nice
11/5/2020 c30 1234booklover
Hmm... I think this could be longer.
10/26/2020 c29 1234booklover
The first lines are absolutely beautiful. I love the repetition in this poem!
10/19/2020 c28 1234booklover
Oh my... so deep, true and touching.
I especially love the last 3 lines. It shows that the friendship held between the duo, is worth it.
10/6/2020 c27 1234booklover
Delusions... what a strange thing. This is the dictionary definition: an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Friendship, or rather Philia, as you call it, IS a delusion. That's what I feel any way. Humans can survive without friends I guess, but we still cling to that hope, that we need friends to survive. Because I think, it is the natural behavior for humans need to have facts to believe. Because we need to know that out hope is true. But who cares? If you believe in it, anything is possible. That's the thing with books, they explore the un-imaginable. Tell you of the impossible.
And I'm rambling now :)
But, what if reality IS a delusion? What if we are living in a make-believe world? Then if so, your last verse in the poem, means nothing. It means the same thing. If the friendship between the two people in the poem, is a delusion, and if reality is a delusion, then isn't it the same thing? Cause no one knows WHAT reality truly is.
This is the definition of reality: (1) the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.
(2) the state or quality of having existence or substance.
x-x
So in a way, life is a sort of a reality. But does it have a substance? No. Does it exist. Not really. I mean, define life. Can humans CREATE life. No. So as I said before, if reality/life is a delusion, andso is friendship, then isn't it the same thing?
I'd probably write a longer review, but I don't want to spam the review section.
(And I've no idea where I've gone with this review :D)
9/27/2020 c26 1234booklover
This was incredibly touching! I think you should honestly, publish this collection, I swear I'm dead serious. I for one would read it!
9/27/2020 c25 1234booklover
Loved it! (I actually DO make stories and conversations in my head!)
28 Page 1 2 Next »