for Tales of Bette: Reunited 2020 Part 1

9/30 c1 8Mislav
I really enjoyed reading this. It took me a while to get to reading the rest of the Mark/Bette stories (I previously read and reviewed "Halloween, Senior Year"), but I'm glad I did. Interesting to read about them in the future (well, present day). I'm happy that they seemed to have gotten together again, after being apart for years. They have a great chemistry together. I was surprised to learn Mark married someone else and had children. So sad to learn what happened to Bette during all these years. I especially liked this part: "She had texted thirty minutes ago that she was leaving her house, they had video called a few nights earlier, but seeing him in person, and only a few yards away, it was as if both 16 years and no time had passed at the same time." So cute how they kissed at the end. That was such a great character moment for both of them: "Bette felt the warmth of his hands and he stepped closer to her. They had been flirting on calls for weeks, but this was different, this was Mark's feelings come full circle.

"I-I wanted to know what this would be like." She looked down and massaged his hands in hers. "Hanging up laundry with you. I never forgot that was the idea."

He let go of one of her hands and lightly touched his fingertips to her cheek. "I can't tell you how much I wanted to do this," he said softly. "How long I've thought I've thought about it."

She leaned her cheek into his hand. "Don't wait anymore," she said softly. Bette felt hear heart begin to race. The breeze picked up and the linens flapped on the line around them.

"Thank God," he whispered as he leaned into her and kissed her."

Keep up the great work. I will definitely read your other stories.