for The Murdersome Magician

8/22 c1 8Mislav
Very creepy and interesting story. It kept me guessing until the end. Jerome's comment: ""Well, folks, I have to say, this is a first for me. I don't think I've ever had someone so ready to disappear before."" was chilling given what we know about him. Good note about Jerome's house looking like a mausoleum, or an old king's tomb, and him liking it. The ending was very disturbing too, even though Jerome was a serial killer: "Finally, the third, and all went dark. A push, a click, the sound of a lock. The far off fragment of what must have been applause. Jerome could hear it all, but nothing surrounded him. Nothing but the absence of the light and an untold darkness whose edges ran undefined. He reached his hand through it, searching for something, anything. A wall to guide him, but there was nothing there. Then, from high above, a crack of light appeared. It was the double doors of the cabinet flying open again. The cheering and shouting of the applause echoed down to him like a well, and from its light, he could see the woman smiling as she shut the doors on him forever."

I assume that those people where the ghosts of all the people he had killed, with the old lady being his first victim. Good touch of dark irony how Jerome never believed in supernatural, but in the end that was his undoing. Keep up the great work. I will definitely read your other stories.