for Tales of Bette: Mark's Perspective, Halloween, Senior Year

8/25 c1 7Mislav
Very interesting and well-written horror/romance (well, more like romance/supernatural) story. You described Mark's feelings for Bette especially well. They had great chemistry together. I liked his gradual realization about the clues that the woman told him. I definitely didn't expect the reveal that Mark and Bette used to date; I assumed that he was attracted to her, but that they didn't have history together. Good running joke, and a great job with characterization, with Mark thinking that Bette looks like Wednesday Adams in her outfit; he tried so hard not to mention it, but when he finally slipped up, she didn't mind it at all. I liked the reveal at the end, where it turns out that the fortune teller was not there that day and that the woman Mark encountered was most likely a ghost. I did expect Mark and Bette to kiss or something by the end, so I was surprised that the story ended there, but now I see that you have a lot of other stories about them. Keep up the great work. I will definitely read your other stories.