for Asphalt Altar

10/17 c1 8Mislav
Pretty creepy and interesting story. You said a lot in under 200 words. You captured the villain's POV pretty well. The opening pulled me right in: "The asphalt streets are the greatest successor to the obsidian altars of ancient Lemuria. The blasphemous divinities supped the souls and consumed the carnage of those sacrificed upon its dark altars. That era is forgotten now, a gift to the sanity of human historians. However, the dark gods still hunger." The mere idea of somebody staging car accidents for human sacrifices to dark gods is terrifying. This part was especially gruesome: "The automobile has created the perfect pastel for human sacrifice. I remembered chests impaled on steering wheels. I remembered school buses electrocuted by fallen power lines, children fried like microwave popcorn. I remembered the cars flying off precarious alpine roads, trapping the travelers in a flaming casket of twisted metal. I remembered the cars skidding upon frozen roads, splattering the passengers like pancakes." Keep up the great work. I always like reading your stories.