for I remember when.....

10/18/2015 c1 Terubetaake
Hi Rebecca,
Mauri-hello , it is your childhood friend Terubetaake from St Paul primary school, Abaiang.
I can't believe i found you through your story. I can't believe my eyes, it brings back memories.
I remembered the day you flew out to the main island Tarawa. I was on my way to the airport with my uncle on his motorcycle when i saw a plane in the sky. My heart beat fast knowing i won't see you again if i don't get there in time. I asked my uncle if he can go fast but as you know, the road made out of coral sands so it's impossible to accelerate. Anyway, i heard the plane landed and shortly i heard a loud noise...the plane took off. I just had a melt down...i got upset with my mum because she made me late, she wants me to wait while she finishing off making your basket to put big shells in it as a gift to you. She felt terrible so she decided to take me to Tarawa to try and find you before you leave the country but no luck...there's no boat for a few days.
Ever since i got a scholarship to do further studies in Brisbane Australia in 2008. I searched online on social media for you but all i could remember is your first name, Jennifer and forgot your little brother's name.
Ahah i am just so happy to have read your story. You remembered it all.
I live now in Sydney with my fiancée and 2 kids, hopefully you read this message and reply back.
I go every year to Kiribati so hope one day you can come with me. It will be great .
Before i forgot, Abe lived in New Zealand now with her family. Tirotaake, and the other friends you mentioned still in Kiribati.
Cheers...Terubetaake Tabuia
1/21/2004 c1 7ku
That was an amazing essay. No exaggeration. The fact that it's a true story as well as the fact that you're from Melbourne made it an even more enjoyable read. probably one of the best things i've read here.
11/24/2002 c1 SapphirePhoenix
Wow that is an amazing story. Probably a defined moment in your life right? I have never heard of Kiribati before... You must travel a lot.. Right now your in Japan.. well I enjoyed your story. And I hope that maybe you will get to go back to kiribati again.
7/30/2002 c1 kate
wow bec thats so cool

i had no idea

i'll go back there with ya one day

luv kate
7/27/2002 c1 Ralphi O
Took me 45 minutes to read
7/19/2002 c1 6LadyChanta
that's really good i take it that you are from Canada eh? I lived there for a year when i was 12. I lived in Vancouver and i wish i still lived there. it was nice having flowers in bloom almost all yeah round and the fruit stands at Grandvile island were wonderful ^.^ oh look now you got me remembering. BTW i changed my Sabriel and Touchstone fic the ending is longer. I'll try and get the next chap up soon.

Luvz

Chanta
12/12/2001 c1 jon
wow how bizaar. sounds like a whole lotta fun,,,pity you had to come home...poor jen
11/27/2001 c1 Larissa
this is really good...and im glad everything worked out...there
10/19/2001 c1 Azalae
this is reallly good! I read your other kiribati story and i think i like this on better..its better written and more mature...well thats just my opinion but yeah! and its got more veiws and stufff k thats all from me!
9/22/2001 c1 j13
OMG! That was soooo good! You write really well! I've heard of Kiribati before, coz of all that boat ppl stuff...

Wow...I'mglad your sis is allright now...that sounds realy bad...mmm the dog head is pretty yukky!