for My Mission To Planet X

10/17/2002 c1 IndyAntilles
Hmm... I suppose this is a decent piece for a beginning author (my first stuff was probably worse), but what really kills this "Mission" before it starts is the believability. Granted, in the year 3079 it might be possible to construct a massive, moving space station. But the astronomy is off:

It probably wouldn't be too much of a worry to pass through the asteroid belt. There are massive gaps of space between even the closest asteroids, so it wouldn't be too difficult to traverse through it.

I doubt anyone would send a large space station to a spot they only assumed held a planet. It would be a terrible waste of time and money. Scientists would make darn sure Planet X was there before they sent the station.

Even IF there is a Planet X, it would be much too far away from the Sun and much too cold to support life, much less human-like life. At the distances that Planet X would orbit the Sun, water would be perpetually frozen on the surface, and the biological reactions necessary for life could not occur.

It's great to see you have the imagination and drive to create science fiction- but it would be much better received if you put more emphasis on your science.