for Dessert

1/7/2002 c1 2dingbats247
maybe you could put a first part on about some other random loosely connected thing that somehow explains the chinese restaurant, and then write the poem about that evening with stanzas for each of the things you were thinking then. and they don't really have to connect. like random stuff.

-the *dingbat* princess
1/1/2002 c1 48Vinsant Firepsyched
Hmm... I'm Chinese, and I don't know ANY dessert thats salted... Weird but ...Good.
12/19/2001 c1 litebrite
No..it doesn't matter whether it has a point or not...some of the best poetry is written from some trigger, some starting point that may simply be an every day task like eating at a chinese restaurant. I like the idea, you could really run with it, but you fall into cliches a little bit. I like it though, it's a very good start. I like the first four lines and the last four lines a lot.
12/19/2001 c1 1Bitterscarlet
Take the last line and run with it! RUN! It's brilliant! (Yes, it's me again) I once wrote an ode to fishcakes. Maybe I'll post it if I can find it. BTW, I took your suggestion about the poem and made a short story just a minute or so ago. So thanks and seriously explore that last line! You could go anywhere with that! I wish I'd written that line...damn. :) I can see the epic resulting poem now...