for The Haiku Police's Lament

We liked the premise

Of your Haiku Policing

Here we attempt thanks
9/18/2006 c1 The Haiku Police
You suck. This name belongs to me now. I hate you.
6/3/2005 c1 Valaraiya
*snickers* You amuse me greatly! Very Monty Pythonesque ^_^
4/14/2005 c1 Amaranth of Grey
Wow! You're relentlessI take it you like haikusMedium of Pain!ExasperingCounting many syllablesMath is not my stregth!
3/2/2004 c1 42Fae the Faery
*lol* I do like your enthusiasm and persistance on the subject. I too get infuriated with haikus, or attempts at them. I happen to study the form frequently, and I find even those poems who follow the 5-7-5 syllable structures aren't haikus at all. *lol* The ignorance of some people, aye? As far as I was concerned Haikus are 5-7-5 with the first line pertaining to nature, the second is an action and the third conveys that it's happening in the present. Otherwise it'd be a stretched haiku, which is 5-7-5, no pattern. I do like your work though. I'm much obliged to see it. However, I know you'll be searching to critique my haikus, but alas and alack they are too complex for me to write well, so don't bother. *lol* I just felt it necessary to tell you that I love your mockery of it, and it's great that finally someone recognizes.
12/24/2003 c1 7equitable division
I am in love with each and every one of you. Keep up the good work.
1/31/2003 c1 8Gaeldrisan
*smirk* Hate to drip on your rainy parade, but there's more to haiku than just counting syllables. Since you insist on being a fiction snitch, tis time for the tables to be o'erthrown.

First of all, the first line should correspond directly to the third line. It should be to the point where you don't need the second line to get the point across about the theme.

Sentences really shouuldn't be mixed up to the point where you screw up the grammer for the sake of the syllables. Take this into consideration when you police the creative fount of others. Poetry isn't just a way to make a pretty rhythm of sound. It's a way to express what is in your inner heart. If it takes six or eight syllables, then let them have it and shut your trap.
1/17/2003 c1 oklahoma
get a life
9/4/2002 c1 Zylo
Funny as hell.
8/4/2002 c1 The Ice Mice
I'm going to be *nice*. My good friend Black Diamond is the one who sent you the rather rude review. I will try to make peace: we were not TRYING to write a haiku... did it look like one? I mean- my computer does some pretty weird stuff but I'm sure it doesn't format two page chapters to resemble haiku. Anyhow, whatever- I'd like a response but if I don't get one I really don't care.

- Xela Lupe

PS- Did you really hack into Haiku Anarchist's account?
7/31/2002 c1 The Ice Mice
Who the fuck do you think you're dealing with? I'm sorry it taks you fuckin idiots so long to read your reviews, so maybe you'll get this by the year 2006 or thereabouts. And we didn't even write a haiku. What were you doing, counting the syllables in the lines of our story? And who the fuck are you to call yourselves the Decency Police? I think you all forgot to take your pills this morning, cause even though you call yourselves the Haiku Police, you can't even recognize a haiku when its up your ass! You are a bunch of emotional fuckwits and balding cheese ball dick heads. And have you counted how many reviews you have that have the word FUCK in it? I'm sorry, but I think you should return to Kindercare for being such fuckwits.

Sincerely yours,

THE ICE MICE
7/29/2002 c1 48Sun Chime
Good! Nice set of haikus. I've written just one and I managed to stick to the 5-7-5 thingie so *grins*
6/7/2002 c1 Alethia
Heh. Interesting. I'm not sure that I've written haiku before. Odd...Anyhow, it shouldn't be that hard to count syllables. And if you can't, don't call it a haiku.

Silly people.
5/24/2002 c1 13Raspberry Ginger
Hey! I thought of a new derogatory description for you...

"Those who have steel rods stuck up their arses"

You like? Sorry, sorry, I'm just joking, really, just couldn't resist, I don't care since I've written about 3 haikus in my life, but really, if someone wants to screw up their haiku, isn't that their business? Isn't it their constitutional right to have a screwed haiku? Lol. :D

Don't come harrass me. I think I'm gonna go write a screwed haiku. I s'pose you can "police" me, but I don't care. God, you people crack me up.

Love you all mucho,