for The Adventures of The Haiku Police

6/3/2005 c2 Valaraiya
Hooray for police!Save us from the ignorant!Keep up the good work

4/14/2005 c1 Amaranth of Grey
Respond to you now?But won't my grammar scare you?Cry me a river.I wrote a haiku for the responce. All I know for haikus is that the structure goes 5/7/5 (syllables, that is). I don't know. I've dabbled in putting structure to my poems, but I prefer to be a slob and call my stuff freestyle. But I like haikus and your penname amused me.
3/31/2005 c1 Falling Grace Risisng Evil
Okay, wow, you all ARE loners. But it's cool. Although you're wrong in your bio, it's fictionpress, not fanfiction, just thought I'd correct you.
3/6/2005 c2 9The Comic Cow
The beginning of the first chapter was HILLARIOUS!
2/7/2005 c1 47Pimpled Boy
Nice story, quite humorous. I would like to learn from you, The Haiku Police. Please visit my fictionpress website and take a look at those "haikus" (in quotation marks as I'm not sure whether they really are or not...)
1/8/2005 c1 67The Juggler 42
Haha! Very true. A noble quest. I don't usualy complain when someone is, persay, one syllable off on one line, but there are some really ugly ones out there. Keep up the good work, and read my haiku.
1/6/2005 c2 47Moo Straberry
You guys are hilarious! It is appalling, indeed, how much syllable poetry is being abused these days. People don't even know what a cinquain is anymore! Good for you, cleaning up the world of haikus and saving it from the bozos who can't count...I applaud you! *claps and cheers*
1/4/2005 c2 2NotA-Frayed
yes! this is genious! is there some way i can JOIN or do i just go around reviewing haiku! i wanna be a hkp! i just revewed and corrected a haiku that wasn't 5 7 5! am i in now?
12/6/2003 c2 1megansafteryou
Yeah, ok. That's great and all, I'm happy that you can count. But if you are police other such things, police yourself on SPELLING dork. And from now on, you REALLY should be a tad more polite when correcting people. Like, I don't know, instead of telling them they suck like I have recently read that you said, you should tell them their mistake, jerk.
11/29/2003 c1 The Pope
Water is falling on the big big waterythingie
I have fat fat feet with purple toenails
Birds are dying
I know, I know, it's a great Haiku. Bask in my greatness. Or else!
Send all flowers, gifts, and other presents to:
P.O Box 3765937639
123 Fake St.
Mary-Jane Town
Lalalala land
Zip Code: 1
11/28/2003 c1 11donzilla70
plant, water, skate, leaves
dew, birds, rain... your best stuff, not...
dissing other's works
8/7/2003 c1 Sufo
Well, that's just pitiful. Your own penname is The Haiku Police, you presume yourselves to be experts on the subject, and yet you've proved your ignorance. To quote a nice little haiku I found:

The plural form of

haiku is haiku, damnit.

Basho turns in grave.

Basho was a famous Japanese haiku poet, for your information. The point is, the plural form of haiku is the same as the singular, as is with most Japanese nouns.

Why should anyone respect you if you don't even know your subject matter?
3/6/2003 c2 2Ezra Pippen
Hmm-I would not be so ignorant as to call you 'gay'(intolerance is a sad thing) or to flame you, but I have to wonder your purpose, if you are really trying to offer constructive criticism, or whether you enjoy a place of judgement, just like to rile people up, or are just venting frustrations.

But you put yourselves in a position without taking responsibility of researching your form. Haiku as a form is always present in the 5-7-5 form, in vertical script, in Japanese. It was the difficulty translating pauses in vertical form in Western languages that led to the three line form. There has been much debate over what the form should be in other languages, who's syllable structure might not render the same spirit to haiku that 5-7-5 does in the Japanese languages. Also, accurate, to spirit translation of a poem from one language to another often cannot be done while holding to the strict form. All this has lead to debate over the form of haiku in English and other languages, such that the 5-7-5 convention is not as carved in stone as you think. Even Basho said "Learn the rules, then break them." Playing with, teasing even set conventions have had interesting result, and who is to say that it is wrong to do so in the creative world. Yes, there is the 'learn the rules' part of this, in which most people in this place are too lazy to do. Your reviewing will have little effect on them, so why waste your time? But part of learning the rules is coming to the realization that the rules aren't quite as simplistic as you have made them out to be.
3/1/2003 c1 RainShadow2005
Well, you have a blunt way about this, but this site does needs policing, I'll admit that. Check out my haikus and tell me if I'm 'breaking a law' or something.lol.
2/8/2003 c2 4AP Especially
Get a life. And I hope this isn't the first time you've had someone tell you that.
51 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »