for good bye

3/30/2003 c1 39TL Demeter
well, this is poignant...

i guess i should try and overcome my fear of saying farewell to people...

My fave lines:

"proceed,

To the future and the never knowing,"

Write more poems like this

TL Demeter
1/27/2003 c1 11Chocolate Hotpants
If your wondering why there are so many reviews off me, is cuz I am going through all your poems and readin them! Hehe.

Have liked all the ones I've read so far. Well done!
11/18/2002 c1 52Munku-JGSPTV
Oh wow. This is just...amazing. Perfect (for lack of a better word). This is just...wow. I would be writing something like this, or at least I'd want to. I really relate. and then there were some great lines

'Not trying to lower yourself to humanity'

Stuff like that. Keep writing always.
8/6/2002 c1 Melissa Neff
I loved this poem so much. You write your poems with such feeling and wisdom. Everything you say I can relate to. I have the same feelings as you for when I say good-byes. And I hope that we never have to say good-bye to one another. I love you so much and you have such a talent, especially when it comes to poetry. I hope that you just continue to write poems for a very long time.

Love Always,

Your cousin and best friend,

Melissa
8/4/2002 c1 16Red Raveness
Everyone must sever the bonds of friendship sometimes, and most do so ungracefully. But letting a friend go, and telling them (at least in your heart) that they should keep going, and look ahead to bright days... that takes more strength then I. Even though I lost my faith in God many years ago, I feel your poems so strongly, no matter their message. I could never just walk away and say "Continue to be proud of yourself, do not fret over our past.", I have too much anger. You seem to have overcome anger, in many ways. You have real courage, my dear. Be proud of yourself as well!

-Diane
4/8/2002 c1 22flames n fire
Hi, I'm the author of Don't Go, a poem you reviewed and I truly think that this is a wonderful poem. Very heart-felt and breath-taking and yes, the person my poem was meant for understood it and that it was for them. Also, if you don't mind, could you e-mail me because I always love to meet such obviously magnificient poets and I can't e-mail you since you didn't give your e-mail. Thank you. :)
2/20/2002 c1 15A Wound Unhealing
Hi there... this is very good, very sad though - I recently went through the same emotions and feelings. It's not easy to say goodbye to a friend this way... Thanks for reviewing my earlier stuff, I'll update it all pretty soon. If you want to email me, you can at or ... keep checking back, it's nice to keep in touch...

Keep well
2/13/2002 c1 19Linz HB2X
how sweet! I like it:)
1/26/2002 c1 empty account
Sweet but sad, One thing I don't agree with, good memories can never hurt, one who is leaving should never forget their friends. Nice job, Keep writing.