for A Real Haiku

3/6/2005 c1 9The Comic Cow
you made a mistake. cardinals can be seen is six sylables not five.
1/8/2005 c1 67The Juggler 42
What? Cardinals can be seen? SIX syllables? Unless you count cardinals as two, which is definitly stretching it. I'm just poking I'm all for correct haiku. Check out my haiku if you have time, there are only three or four. And they actualy scan right. Except for one line of one of them and I couldnt find a way to change it. See if you can spot it. Cheers!
12/6/2003 c1 1megansafteryou
Actually, it is often pronounced card-nals. So it is five syllables.
8/9/2003 c1 72CancerianQueen
Good haiku.

Keep writing,

~Naomi~
1/31/2003 c1 8Gaeldrisan
Sheesh...Now I'm going to launch into an evil parody of the Haiku Police.

"Hey! This Haiku sucks!

'Cardinals' isn't 'Card-nals.'

Let's flame the writer."

Rude comments from other authors may not bother you, but not everyone is as frickin' rude as you are, and some would rather not have their faults pointed out so blatantly.
11/1/2002 c1 1soyamiso
lovely. i do pronounce it car-din-als.
9/4/2002 c1 36obsidian katana
pretty good haiku, but doesn't follow the haiku rules. the second line has 8 syllables(unless you say "ev'rything") and the third line has 6 syllables. that's two too many, so here's one for you:

the haiku police

go telling many other

that they cannot count

but look at their own

they too can't keep seventeen

hypocritical

not to be mean

but some of your haikus really are good.
8/8/2002 c1 1The Good Haiku Police
Greetings from your twin! Too bad your first stab at a real haiku sucks. Ever heard of five-seven-five? DREAMING it sets of seventeen, huh? Nice, but not good enough for the GHKP salute.
7/29/2002 c1 48Sun Chime
Wow! Now THIS is the kind of stuff I really like to read. They convey so much and people can actually relate. Good!I'd like to see more of these up here.
6/6/2002 c1 13kirsten was
Line 2 is eight syllables.

Line three is 6 syllables.

And excuse YOU, but where do you get off cursing people off like my VERY GOOD FRIEND Rachelle Lily? Perhaps YOU should check up your ASSES and find some courtesy among all the shit in there! AND haikus are supposed to be about nature. Stop cursing everybody off! That is one of the lowest things you can do. Flamers like you piss me off. SO SHUT UP AND GET A LIFE!

*****Nestrik

P.S. I know I am cursing YOU off, but YOU deserve it, not good people like Rachelle Lily.
5/24/2002 c1 13Raspberry Ginger
Oh, that one was uniteresting. I'll go read more that will make me laugh. You guys rarely disappoint in that field.
3/28/2002 c1 10Sugars Daring Mistress
Not as funny as the others, but still good.
3/1/2002 c1 gypsyQueen
Such poise you bestow,

As others throw stones at you,

Do not falter now!

Heck yeah! *gypsy throws hand over mouth and giggles uproariously* Sorry, forgot myself for a moment! Heh... What does it matter? Gypsy's aren't exactly seen as angels... Ya' know? *winks and disappears*
3/1/2002 c1 Emily M. Hanson
Hmm...very nice. For the people who think cardinal is 3 syllables, according to the Oxford American Desk Dictionary it's two - "ka'ard/nel" (that should be an upside-down e, but that doesn't work in plain text). Also everything is 3 syllables. The prounciation key says "e'vreething." I guess the Haiku Police did their homework after all.
2/26/2002 c1 55Fire of the Vampire
Good. Only to make people stop reviewing saying "You wrote in 5-8-6! For shame!," you could rewrite it with:

Snow covers the land.

Feet of white on ev'rything.

Card'nals can be seen.

Or something like that, anyway. But I liked it. I still wish haiku could be written as one long poem, with each stanza a different haiku, because I never could write haiku and would like to be able to.

God Bless