for Skate

8/8/2005 c1 1s m e l l . o f . r a i n
Meaning no offence or disrespect, but I do think that a lot of these Hakius are in fact Senryus, or Haiku/ Senryu hybrids. You see, traditional Haikus usually deal with nature and connect to one of the four seasons, where as Senryus are often about other matters- say, the affairs of humans. Hybrids are a combination.

Here is a Haiku (from my series- 'raining') in the common 5-7-5 pattern:

illumination–a white flash breaks the darkness–all lightning’s glory

And a Senryu (from 'Symbols In Senryus') in the same format:

anchor’s rope has frayedso now I drift aimlesslywishing I was home

And a hybrid:

raindrops fall lightly–barely felt on my skin, or–as they bead my hair

Thanks for taking the time to listen. Looking forward to see you again some day.
4/3/2005 c1 REAL haiku police
Definition of a haiku:

A haiku is a short poem which contains a season-word (a conventional reference to the season of composition) and usually also a cutting-word (spoken punctuation marking a caesura). The typical form is 5-7-5 Japanese syllables although variations are commonplace. Haiku are read as being in the PRESENT tense. The typical subject matter is nature, or nature linked with human nature. The tone is sincere, usually detached.
1/6/2005 c1 28Orphans' Wail
hah, this one is not bad. It has a conciseness that captures the 5,7,5 pattern and uses it quite well. very nice.
7/2/2003 c1 126swift sky silver
nice imagery=0)
10/27/2002 c1 1Sarathiel
Definitely chortle-worthy.

americananime:

First of all, O A-grade Student, it's spelled "seriously." Second, I highly doubt the line was intended to epitomize formally written English. 'Should not have skated.' Just at an 'I' in front of the 'should' and it makes perfect sense; the I is implied, if not actually written for the purpose of making it a haiku. Of course, it could have been 'you,' 'he,' etc.; 'I' is just the pronoun/noun I assumed. Think verbal shorthand if it helps you any.

It made absolutely no sense? How on earth do you manage a 100% if you can't understand plain English?
3/28/2002 c1 10Sugars Daring Mistress
*giggles* Oooh, fuuunny. Oh, and thanks for the review!
3/8/2002 c1 18americananime
Hmmmm... let me think... the last line was SERIOSLY in need of grammatical help. I may only be a sixth grader, but I'm advanced in English and passing with a 100 A, and that made ABSOLUTLY NO SENSE! Should not have skated ... WHO shouldn't have? What on earth are you talking about? Stars you people get on my nerves.
2/19/2002 c1 Nerilka-chan
cute.
2/18/2002 c1 37BeautifulWickedness
^_^ Nice haiku! Should not have skated... hehehe. I would be honored if I could get the Haiku Police's check of aproval in a review ::Big pleading puppy dog eyes::

Your Haiku Writing Amigo,

Athalia.
2/15/2002 c1 6aNGeLz3xprOtOn
beautiful...
2/12/2002 c1 22Meegwun
stupid olympics

Canada CAN really skate

Russia fixed the game

sorry, just what comes to mind when i hear 'skate'. it's quite good! Adheres perfectly to the rules of Haiku.
2/12/2002 c1 10Wan