for Reviews and Reviewers

4/22/2012 c1 45Onearmwonder21
Wow would have never thought of these myself-great guide. I might try some of them for I too like many others am practicaly dying for reviews.
4/22/2012 c1 Onearmwonder21
6/12/2009 c1 7boltfromtheblue101
I liked this. I liked that you listed and explained some methods you'd seen, THEN gave your opinion. I thought it was rather clever of you to present first an objective case, then a subjective case.

I don't agree with "The Poll Method." It implies that the author hasn't thought the plot through to the end, and thus might have huge plot holes in the middle. It gives the reader the impression that the author is simply making up the story as they go, which disinterests some readers. However, some readers like the illusion of being in control of the story they are reading, so I suppose it's really up to the author.

I TOTALLY agree with your opinion on "The Ultimatum." It reflects immaturity and desperation in the author. Also, if you're writing just for reviews, then everything that doesn't sound like praise is going to either depress or enrage you. No one wants to review a story written by a child who will throw a fit if you don't give them a cookie.

I have never heard of "The Game Method," nor have I ever seen it in action! This is not to say that it doesn't exist. I am actually quite interested to see it, because I don't quite understand your depiction of it. Can you by chance PM me back and give me an example or two that displays this method?

All in all, I thought this was quite an interesting piece. It made me laugh more than a few times and was very informative.
6/8/2009 c1 fgds dfgsfd gds
Good essay!
1/18/2009 c1 1Liz Bee
I was expecting a satire- because it's very easy to satirise original fiction or fanfiction- but this has valid points which will probably come in handy. It is a good refence, hence the fave. Thanks.
12/9/2008 c1 3The Queen of Everything Bubble
I actually think that I'm going to try these...huh...
11/14/2007 c1 16Avelyne
I liked your essay it wasn't to long and you made a lot of great points. I learned more about reviewing and hopefully I get better, thanks.
5/5/2007 c1 28surrealphobia
This was a great essay that will hopefully improve my reviewing and make me a better person here on fp. I really liked all the examples you gave and how it was just the right length. Great job.

Surreal
9/22/2006 c1 Midori
Ah, this life as a fanfiction writer is hard. It makes me fret what my career as a writer will be like. I enjoyed your essay, thank you for writing it.
9/11/2005 c1 13J-fr0
im actually gonna take this into consideration.

good advice.
8/19/2005 c1 1Brighde
Hah, wonderful work! Very insightful and I appreciated your honesty in fessing up to using these techniches at times, lol don't we all?

Oh and a personal strategy of mine is to try and review at least twice for every one I get. Not only are you helping fellow authors that way but usually, many of those you review will return the favor :)

-B. Blum
6/5/2005 c1 Rach
HI!. um very interesting points though just a question what do you mean by lists?.

anyway my pet hate getting reviews techinue is when they say I won't post until I get (insert number here) reviews you just lose reviewers that way.

good work keep it up

see ya
12/28/2004 c1 raine0211
i'm reviewing and I would like to ask you to review something. check out ‘When World’s Collide’. It’s a joint effort by me and Sxy-Princess and it can be found on her page which i have a link to in my favorites. We would really appreciate the feedback. thats a begging type, i believe as you qualified it and I occassionally feel bad about asking but I always review when I ask. what do you think about that? i don't like the threatening reviews either. reviews should be a reward, but not your only incentive to write because writing should be a pleasure in my opinion. anyway, great thinking on this. ~Lisa~
12/17/2003 c1 47Dave500
i like this.
12/15/2003 c1 9AnyaAnanda
thanks, this essay was very helpful. stating the obvious is just what people need sometimes, very nice job on this. this really makes you think. i recommend this to any and all new authors/esses. good job and keep writing!
58 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »