for By the Oven, a Plathelegy

1/23/2003 c1 1sydney sama
okay, sylvia plath is my favorite poet. it was interesting to see all the references you made to her poetry (believe me, i caught all of them).

the best part? the juxtaposition of the line "mottled red" followed by "blue, moon-coloured." that was subtle - that was great.

just change the format, please? the centered lines thing just bugs me and makes it less plath-like. it's just a nitpick of mine.

seriously though, great job.
10/1/2002 c1 Neous
I love this! Dark but beautiful. Printing it out now to put on me billboard/door.
6/24/2002 c1 Rita Skeeter
Hola! I wish more people would review this. Slyvia Plath's one of my favourite authors, this was a great tribute to her.

Gorgeous, darling, gorgeous. "I slither

naked

in them, smelling blackburnt skin

and dead foetuses' breath

brittle and beautiful in their

wake. " This almost blew me away. Eerie.Maybe you should put this under horror?
5/14/2002 c1 Lilia
Powerful. A very good tribute to the great poetess that is Sylvia Plath. Great hints at her style and aspects of her poems, like the theme of death, the colors and dead children.
5/7/2002 c1 16tash
This is great, very Plath-like! Oh well ... again I'm grossed by the images but the idea conveyed is reminiscent of what I feel sometimes when I read Plath ... You've got serious talent! Keep going ... =)
5/5/2002 c1 Carter Tachikawa-still not logged
Again, you astound me. I wish my poetry could sound as beautiful as yours does. Please keep writing~CT