for To Keep You In Writing

11/10/2003 c1 lucy lupin from lj
I'm sorry about your relative. I've been reading through some of your pieces here and on ff.net. You're scarily talented, and this one is no exception. Re: your author's note, my great grandfather passed away in July and my parents wouldn't fly me back for the funeral because it was during university term. My mother asked if there was something I could write to be read at the funeral, but I didn't know where to start. So I applaud you for at least having the courage to put your feelings on paper. And great poem. It really captures the frustration of trying to record something and words are not enough. I especially liked the detail of your relative picking up the fruit, great characterisation.
7/21/2003 c1 14Silence-endlessecho
This is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could describe how amazing this poem is and why. The part about the fruit - it's the simple things that give us glimpes into the people we love and are the things we remember. We see so much in something so small. Sounds like a truly kind person this poem was about. You presented it so wonderfully. Talented job. Great writing. I loved it! Thanks.
8/10/2002 c1 2Darwin's Ape
Wow.

Thank you for sharing this. It struck a chord with me and brought sad-happy tears to my eyes - the best word I can find to describe this is "true".

So yeah. Thank you. Good poem. I hope it helps you and I really hope that eventually you'll be able to share this with your family, even if not now or in the near future.
7/15/2002 c1 1aceinit
Powerful, moving. This reminded me so much of moments I look back on that I share with my mom, who passed away over 4 years ago. I almost cried right here on a public computer. I don't know what else to say except "wow."
6/14/2002 c1 3Beloved1