for Sam the Cat

2/2/2006 c1 ponygirl0701
thats so sad

12/20/2005 c1 3Lastande Song
I love this..its so moving, im emotional so i cry every time i read this..It's so sad i have also lost a pet..*Sighs* Anyway, lovely and so sad..
11/9/2005 c1 17Goddess0
I have read this poem countless times and I must say, of all your cat poems this one is my favorite. It makes me cry every single time because I always imagine this stray cat lying on the sidewalk without a hope in the world.

If you were the one who picked it up I applaud you for your humanity and your sensitivity to life. It really shows what a great person you are. Furthermore, are a spectacular poet who can invoke the deepest emotions in just a few verses. This was a very beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing it,~Oni
2/12/2005 c1 9FlamingMorning
That is so sad. But at least Sam is in a better place. Somehow, the title makes the poem even more moving.
11/27/2004 c1 nonchristian
I am not a cat person, but I loved this piece... well written
7/12/2004 c1 catseyeview
This poem was so very touching...I'm near tears and I don't like to cry. What a beautifully sad eligy for the strays. It is so needed and you brought a very timely, a very humane topic up. May you keep writing on these issues.
7/8/2004 c1 19Kat-Renee Kittel
Beautiful memoir for a special soul.
I didn't know the meaning of the word Samhain included the ending and beginning of a circle.
Sam also has origins in Hebrew - "Shmuel," which is two words "Shema" and "El." (Samuel in english) "God has heard." I know that the cries of your Sam were heard as he faith-leaped thru the Window of Light.
(I used to have a cat named Sam. I named my Sam for Sammy Davis, Jr. - Sammy use to like me to read to him. When Sammy disappeared, I found another black cat and named him Jason for 'Jason and the Argonauts.' After Jason died from a car hit and run, he spoke to me and said, "I see Ar-One" [his best friend-cat. She died from kidney failure years ago], and then I watched his light-filled soul body leap thru a diamond shaped window.)
^..^
7/8/2004 c1 Natasja
Oh, Dear... I cannot stop crying, tears run down my face as I wright this... I have owned five stray cats that I rescued from a certain early death, but this one reminds me of one I could not save, a little happy gray kitten that my mother couldn't take in.
I can't even forgive her today, 15 years after...
Well... The poem was very moving, a suggestion is that you put it up wherever you can where pepole can see it to prevent the spreading of stray cats, to make people adopt cats in a larger scale.
PS. I will light a candle for Sam this Samhain.
Love
7/1/2004 c1 Person
May Sam, when the cycle brings his soul to a new life be born to a cat who's caretakers (as cats can't be owned) be as loving to him all though his life as you were at the end.
2/16/2004 c1 15Vernie
That was a truly beautiful poem...and this might sound strange but I really think you captured the POV of a cat. It flowed beautifully, it was inspiring yet it was heart-breaking at the same time. I'm sorry for your loss. I wrote a little poem about my cat that passed a few months back. I found him at the park, and now I truly miss him eventhough I only had him for a few months. Anyways, I really enjoyed this poem a lot. You are a great writer. I'm adding this poem to my favs. And keep writing! =)
12/24/2003 c1 Butterfly Radcliffe
That was very pretty and inspiring. I like how you gave real human feelings to a cat, and made people feel its pain. Great job.
~God Bless
11/27/2003 c1 43lronMaiden
aw...that was o sad! i almost cried...That was a beautiful poem… I loved it – it’s excellent! Great flow, rhythm and choice of words, keep it up!

Ps. Pls review some of my own wok if you get the chance…thanx
9/26/2003 c1 47Anjeni Windsinger
Oh, wow... This is such a heart-breaking poem. Amazing and beautiful piece... The last line of the second stanza was my favorite.

I just realized that I've read this before, a long time ago. Funny that I find it again after all this time. Anyways, thanks for your review, and keep writing.
9/15/2003 c1 5ratatooie
*sniff* I love cats. And they are so many stray ones. *sniff*
9/3/2003 c1 22Unfinished Author
Another moving poem. Really touching, and your realisation at the end was amazing, it's strange when things like that happen isn't it?
48 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »