for Four Sisters

3/21/2004 c21 Lily Pierce
Faith has done well for herself, hasn't she? :) I'm glad. I like her, and I like her husband, too. I can't wait to read the next chapter!
3/18/2004 c20 4anatidaephobiac
This story is just fabulous. You're an awesome writer with a whole lot of talent, and this story proves that (as do your others as well). Great job! Update soon!
3/17/2004 c20 7Capistrano
I've been following this story for awhile now and it has really sucked me in, but laziness and a fritzy computer prevented my reviewing. SORRY ^^; Anyhow, if you couldn't already tell from your two hundred and some reviews, Four Sisters is extremely entertaining. Faith is my favorite sister, so I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
3/17/2004 c20 8Little Comet
Wait, I thought Joshua provided the money... I don't know, I'm confused.
Comet
3/16/2004 c1 Jeyan
hey hows it going.
I love this story.
it's great. when i statted i couldnt finish so i read the whole thing in one day.
it gteat and i cant waith to read more
.love it very good.
3/15/2004 c20 Random Acts of Authorship
You're right, Joshua did agree to pay a sum for Faith's hand, which went towards securing Hope's marriage. However he did not pay the full amount. After his contribution was added to Frank's and the money the other girls had forfeited, there was still a balance outstanding. It is this balance which has Sir Ashford has paid.
Hope that helps! :)
3/15/2004 c20 Mitchelmoo
This has been one of my favorite chapters. I didn't think it was too long. In fact, it wasn't long enough! I can't wait to find out what happens, so please post the next chapter soon.
There is only one thing I am confused about. Didn't Faith agree to marry only if the man she was marrying paid Hope's dowry? So then why did Sir Ashton's sister say it was Sir Ashton. Was this just a slip-up, or was it intentional?
Anyway, keep up the good work!
IXOYE
3/14/2004 c20 Aj
I absolutely love this story...I was so excited when I saw that there was an update today, especially after so long. I see so much of myself in Grace that I can't wait to see what happens next. I hope I don't have to wait as long for the next update!
3/14/2004 c20 7Liriel87
Oh my god. . . .if you take so long to update again i swear! i have to know what happens! personally i dont know what grace should do. . . IM TORN! ack. stupid boys. Update soon! Go, do it now. Now. Hurry. Stop reading this and GO.
Liriel
3/14/2004 c20 5Knightengale
Hmm...what sort of game are these two men playing? My guesses are that Alexander does genuinely like Grace, but then discovered that his friend does as well, so backed off. But Sir Ashford's never shown any interest in Grace 'til now. And he's the source of the money, too? Wow, it's just all so unexpected! My second theory is that Alexander's sending Sandy on a mission to discover Grace's feelings; kind of like what Claudio had the prince do in "Much Ado About Nothing." Which seems childish, now that I think about it. And Alexander doesn't strike me as a childish person at all.

Anyway, I'm still going to root for Alexander, regardless of how nice Sandy is. Besides, Alexander's aloofness and odd behavior in this chapter make him all the more intriguing/appealing. =D
3/14/2004 c20 Lily Pierce
Very strange... I'm not sure who I would like to see her end up with, though! She and Alexander are wonderful together, but Sandy's such a great person.. hmm... Well, I trust you, and I can't wait for the next chapter! :)
3/14/2004 c20 my works 87
Hey great chapter. I sense a little pecking order between Sandy and Alexander, no? Heh heh. Very interesting indeed. I was wondering if you could someone have like a profile type thingy. I get all these people mixed up because I'm simple minded. If you don't wanna make one that's fine, I just get lost at the order of the sisters, what their current prospects are and who is who. Heheh!
3/14/2004 c20 Little Comet
This is so cool! Wonderful!
3/14/2004 c20 2Cassandra Flavius
gee, how will Grace sort this out? Three people in love with here! Haha, luck girl, I'd say!
You have to update soon! Pwetty Pwease!
3/14/2004 c20 2Morning Mist1
Ah, where to begin?
From the very first chapter you define a beautiful writing style. I especially appreciate the extent of vocabulary in each chapter; not only does it develop tone and setting, but it also testifies to your skills as an author. The prologue is especially good. Details abound... For instance, in one early chapter readers see the jeweller doubtfully examining a silver bracelet, and lo and behold, it shows up again later on Hope's wrist! Well done, all around. I'm particularly enjoying Faith's side of the story.
Aside from the similarity to Little Women (which is not necessarily a bad thing), I have only a few nitpicks. When using "neither" in a series, it should be accompanied by "nor," not "or." A few typos show up here and there- nothing too outstanding. Once in a while you use the semicolon to add on a fragment, rather than a full sentence. I can't say anything on plot or character development, really. That's not my area of expertise. It does flow well, though, and you do an admirable job with four perspectives. That would be a staggering chore for me.
Anyway, quality such as this is a rare find on fictionpress. Keep up the good work!
397 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »