This is based on a true story from the very recent Tsunami. I wanted to write this so that everyone could understand how this really did effect thousands of lives for the worse. Please read and take to hear and understand that this is just one story out of many.

It was like any other day. At least, that's how it started. Never had I imagined that there could ever be so much pain, suffering, and loss in one single, lonely day. My four children, my husband and I had spent the day in the market. Buying some fruit, vegetables, and rice. My husband slipped off to work after whispering "I love you" into my ear. And there I was left in the market by myself. With my 5 year old boy tugging at my skirt, my 10 year old boy whining, wanting to return home. My 3 year old daughter running around everywhere, and my 8 month old crying because he's hungry. As I called the children and told them to stay near me I heard the screams and cries of men, women, and children. All chaos had broke loose. As I looked up, I noticed water, tons and tons of it, beginning to overflow the street of Thailand. I yelled out in cry for my 3 year old to come back, my oldest child, understanding my anxiety ran after her, and to my obsolete horror, they were both washed away. As I screamed I grabbed by 5 year old and began running in the direction of the others. Not having time to cry at the fact that I was missing my two children I tried to find a place to find refuge at. But I wasn't fast enough and soon the water swiped me off my feet. I tried to grab hold of my 5 year old and still hang onto my 8 month old but the people and the water that was bumping and pushing me around wouldn't let me. I had to make the painstaking decision to let my 5 year old go, or else it would've meant my 8 month old and my life. As I let him go I busted into tears as I heard him cry for me. I held on to my 8 month old as tight as I could, for he was my last living child, and possibly family member. Wishing I knew my husband was safe I tried to keep me and my child alive. As more water thrashed around me, I saw more and more people gulp their last breath of air before plunging under water and never coming back up. I felt my little boy squirm and he started to slip out of my hands. I cried out, determined not to lose him too, but then, the worse and most unthinkable thing happened. The water started rushing faster and faster, debris and people were shoving past me, cutting and bruising me. And then, as if the water had hands, it tore my last, precious child, my baby, out of my arms. I tried to reach out for him using the last of my adrenaline rush and will power. I broke down as I saw him be carried away and killed by the wretched tsunami. I numbly grabbed hold of a tree branch, but then a second thought approached me, just to let go. I had no family to return to, I lost my children, what was the use of even trying to live? But then, the thought of my husband, and the slim chance that he still might be alive. Weakly, and indecisively, I climbed to the very top of the tree. Crying and weeping every last tear for 8 hours. I cried for my four children, who never even had the chance to really live. I would never know how their lives would've been, what achievements they would've accomplished, who they would've married, what their children would've looked like. I cried for my husband, who was lost in the waters, and how I would never hear his soft voice again, because I realized how slim the possibility was that he could've even survived. I cried for my family, and how I would never be reunited with them. And I cried for the thousands of people that were all slowly dying and loosing their families also. When I was rescued I crawled into my rescuer's arms and cried and he patted my back telling me something in a foreign language. That was the last thing I remembered before waking up in a cold dark room at a hospital rescue shelter. I looked down at my body noticing my badly cut legs and stomach. Remembering what had happened, I cried, I cried so fiercely that my body shook and one of the nurses came in, trying to comfort me. I pushed her away. I, in one single lonely day, had been turned from loving wife and caring mother to widower and all alone without my precious family.