Dear faithful From Harvard to Whoredom readers,
I can not begin to thank you enough for all your kind words and inspiration. You don't know how awesome it makes me feel to hear 4 (oh my god) years later that you guys are still reading and enjoying my work. A couple of you have been asking how I've been doing and I'm sorry I've stayed silent up until now. I've been great, busy with University, and trying to pursue an acting career. I never considered myself an author, just a storyteller of sorts, but the success I've had with this particular story makes me want write again!
Now that I've updated you briefly about my life I have two pressing announcements.
1. After words of encouragement and some hope that I have some readers that think From Harvard to Whoredom is worth being published, I've decided that I think I do want to sell it as an e book. At first I thought I might go through the route of traditional publishing, but I figured that's so much work and in this day and age, internet marketing and publishing is probably a better idea, especially for a new author. I really really really hope you guys will support me in this decision, and download it, and recommend all your friends and family to do the same. I promise it won't be expensive, probably only $2.50-2.99 and it would mean the world to me, literally, if I knew I had people that would actually buy it. So please leave me a review(I'm always begging for those aren't I? haha) and just let me know what you think. I will obviously be going through it and rewriting certain parts, cleaning up some rough writing here and there, but it probably won't be as major as last time.
2. Because I will be posting it online for purchase I will, unfortunately, be removing it from fictionpress. It's really sad that I have to do this after all this time, but believe or not, there's been quite a few plagiarism attempts that have been brought to my attention(by you lovely people, thank you so much again) and it kind of sucks to have somebody claim your "children" as their own, you know? I wanted to share this with you guys, just like I'd share cookies that I baked with you. But just because I shared, doesn't mean you can tell everyone you baked my cookies! LOL. Anyway, it's flattering in it's own sense, I'm proud I wrote something worth copying, but still not very ethical and I'd rather have it published in my name so theres no discrepancies in the future.
3. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. THANK YOU FOR YEARS OF SUPPORT. IT ACTUALLY BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES TO THINK ABOUT THIS PROCESS THAT I WENT THROUGH WITH YOU GUYS RIGHT BY ME. YOU'RE MY ORIGINALS, AND WILL FOREVER BE MY FAVORITE READERS(ESPECIALLY YOU REVIEWERS 3333 )
4. I don't want to get you guys TOO excited. But since I go to a University with the #1 film school in the US, I've met countless aspiring filmmakers and screenwriters who have been interested in helping me turn FHTW into a screenplay. And maybe producing it sometime in the future..who knows. That's a long shot definitely, but depending on the popularity of the ebook, it's a definite possibility! Can you imagine?
5. Once again. Lots of love and blessings. I'll hear from you guys soon, hopefully!
I don't know if everyone will see this, but I'm also changing the name. I'm having a hard time dealing with that, but From Harvard to Whoredom was thought of before I had any real idea where this story was going. I suppose I'll come up with something, but if you guys have any ideas, I'll be sure to write a special thanks to you and give you credit for it on my dedication page. I want something catchy, but meaningful about the entire book.