Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » God Loves Me »
Faith and Questions
breakingsilence

Everyone has questions about Christianity, even christians themselves. And seeing how a lot of people posted their questions here, i brought this forum up.

I don't know everything about Christianity and I definitely don't have the bible memorized from cover to cover. I am, in fact, still learning and growing in faith. But I really do love God and i really do believe that He'll be the one to answer the questions through me or through the other christians who'll be coming by.

I know opinions vary, even among Christians. In such cases, discernment is valuable. Though, that's not to say we're free to judge other people who post views opposing ours. One day, we'll all stand before God, whether we're Roman Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Athiests, etc; We're all going to have to account for the things we've done. And until then, we can't be quite sure yet who among is right. So for now, should there be opposing opinions, feel free to use solid arguements such as the scriptures, reason or logic to defend your views.

Anyways, the point is, this is a forum for anyone (Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Athiest, etc;) who has questions and/or answers. So please do ask and/or answer if you desire to do so.

God Bless!

4/18/2009 #1 Report
Elizabeth White

The point of faith is to believe in your heart; you know, have the faith of a child.

At the time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"

He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

(Matt. 18:1-4 NIV) Thus is shown by the biblical passage above. Greatness to God isn't measured by gold or jewels; it' measured by pure unadulterated faith in him. Theology, discussions, etc. that's extra. There's another Bible passage, I believe, that will prove that:

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgement on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

(Romans 14:1-4) I'm sure a lot of legalists that will come to this forum will scream their heads off (little inside joke . . . ). This passage, in my view, doesn't defend legalism. Instead, it promotes tolerance among Christians, something desperately needed from legalists. Legalism, in case you didn't know, is when you take the LAW of God to an extreme or start inventing stuff that's NOT in the Bible, like the Pharisees of the Bible.

Now, mind you, I'm not saying this passage isn't defending different types of Christianity, like Amish. What its' NOT defending is FALSE FAITH, like the extreme Witness group.

8/12/2009 #2 Report
tiger002

I like the point you make of that. It's faith in God and Jesus that really matters, all the rest while important, is secondary.

8/12/2009 #3 Report
Sgt.Shank

Well, I have a question.

Does God have a sense of humor?

12/3/2009 #4 Report
Tuesday Morning 423

Without a doubt, God has a sense of humor

12/6/2009 #5 Report
breakingsilence

Nice question. I agree, God definitely has a sense of humor:D

12/8/2009 #6 Report
Someone-Whos-Not-Important

Are you a Roman Catholic? Cause if you are then I got some questions?

Stickers!

3/20/2010 #7 Report
breakingsilence

I'm a Born-Again Christian so i'm afraid i won't be able to answer your questions as well as a Roman Catholic can if its about Roman Catholicism. I can give it a try though or perhaps if a Roman Catholic could step up to the plate. Anyone? :D

4/1/2010 #8 Report
A Fire Rose

Great topic idea!

8/25/2011 #9 Report
JadedPhoenixBurning

I thought I'd post part of my blog to get your opinions on this subject matter. Don't ask why but today I have had an intense desire to study more on demonic entities. Anyway, very early in the study a thought came to me out of no where. The names of the Demons are never to be spoken out-loud since saying their name gives them power and can invoke them in your presence. That is one of the first things that anyone that deals with the paranormal learns when faced with the demonic. So here is the question; why do we feel so free to say their names while reading the Bible? We Christians can some times feel invisible simply because we have put our trust in God. But that does not mean that we can not be harassed by Satan's army. In fact, many Christians will say that they feel that the devil has been on their case or are trying to trip them up but do they really understand just what all they are implying and do they really feel this way or is it just an excuse for a bad day? Admitting that the devils in the world are on your case also admits that you believe in Demons. Just as believing in the Bible means that you inherently believe in Demons since it plainly tells you that they exist and roam the Earth; looking for those whom they may devour. So as Bible believing Christians should we not take the precautions to hinder these Demons from having reign in our lives? Including not speaking their names while reading the Bible in Sunday School Class?

8/25/2012 #10 Report
JadedPhoenixBurning

Double post, sorry, page was refreshed.

8/25/2012 . Edited 8/25/2012 #11 Report
SomeFuckingGirl

Is this forum still current?

And are atheists welcomed here?

5/10/2013 #12 Report
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service