Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » Favorite Horror Movie »
Favorite horror movie
Fractured Illusion

There's a very good mini-series about a zombie outbreak. Dead Set.

I recommend it for not only zombie lovers but horror fans in general :)

3/13/2009 #121 Report
BillNye

Mirrors ricked my world. Keifer Sutherland is fantastic in the movie. Haven't seen enough of the guy.

4/24/2009 #122 Report
Fractured Illusion

I strongly have to disagree with Mirrors. I thought it was a very boring movie, mainly due to bad acting.

4/24/2009 #123 Report
horrorjunkie666

Mirrors? Haven't seen it.

4/24/2009 #124 Report
Fractured Illusion

I think it's a re-make of another asian horror. The asian horror is named Into the Mirror, if I remember correctly. Haven't seen that one though.

4/24/2009 #125 Report
horrorjunkie666

Oh .... I imagine that Asian horror would be the better one ... I'll check that out.

4/25/2009 #126 Report
J Author

My favorite horror movie is Carrie. The prom scene used to scare me, and now I have it on video. She's easy to relate to, too. The scariest movie I can think of right now is the original When a Stranger Calls. The few scenes that involve the killer and the babysitter (past and present day) were scarier than the entirety of any post-80s horror movie I've seen.

4/29/2009 . Edited 4/29/2009 #127 Report
BaxterB

The Exorcist. That was and is the only movie to really mess me up. The movie by itself is scary enough, but the subliminal flashes had me reeling away from the screen. A very close second place goes to A Tale of Two Sisters. It's intelligent, mind bending, and has a fantastic style. And while one could argue that it isn't a horror movie, it freaked me out enough that I'd say it fits the bill.

5/28/2009 #128 Report
horrorjunkie666

Has anyone seen 'Drag me to Hell' yet? I've heard it's good, but my cinema is being stupid and hasn't gotten anything new in.

And as for horror movies I've seen recently, 'Salem's Lot is quite good. Not really scary, and very long, but it's vampires being awesome!

5/29/2009 #129 Report
Fractured Illusion

I saw Eden Lake finally.

And it pissed me off. :/ I can't believe we weren't given a better ending. I can understand endings where the viewer is left angry because of the injustice of the world etc, but there was nothing remotely realistic about this movie, thus no need to demand the audience to feel so angry for charicatures when those didn't even get to die at the end.

Waste of time.

5/29/2009 #130 Report
horrorjunkie666

Really? Glad I haven't watched it then. ^^

5/29/2009 #131 Report
Fractured Illusion

My opinion is rarely the consensus so maybe you should still give it a try :p Just not on my recommendation haha!

No, but seriously. The movie was way mean to the audience :/

5/29/2009 #132 Report
Fractured Illusion

Haven't seen Drag Me To Hell, but its definitely on my to-watch list now! :)

5/29/2009 #133 Report
horrorjunkie666

Well ... I've been nervous of it for a while now, and now I've heard it ain't too hot ... y'know ...

And damn ... I really need pointers as to whether Drag me to Hell is worth a bus ticket as well as the cinema fee. ^^;

5/29/2009 #134 Report
Fractured Illusion

The rating at imdb is exceptionally high for a horror;

Then again might just be because it's new...

Haha sorry I can't help. XD Try reading some reviews?

5/29/2009 #135 Report
horrorjunkie666

Now that's a good idea ... why didn't I think of that?

5/29/2009 #136 Report
Fractured Illusion

Because otherwise I couldn't come in here and show off with my powers of logic. :D

5/29/2009 #137 Report
horrorjunkie666

Never been a logical person myself ...

5/29/2009 #138 Report
GuardianAngeI

Silent Hill & Stephen King's The Mist.

My most favorite horror movies. =)

7/29/2009 #139 Report
Fractured Illusion

@GuardianAngel

Good movies :)

@Drag me to hell

I saw it yesterday.

What a let down! It was too b-movie to be horror/scary, and it was too serious to be comedy horror. Overall it was a painful experience to see it. Damn I seriously don't understand its hype :(

7/29/2009 #140 Report
horrorjunkie666

Oh. My cousin saw it as well and said it sucked so I gave Drag me to Hell a miss. Oh well ...

8/3/2009 #141 Report

I definately think that House of 1000 Corpses is a good horror movie. Rob Zombie knows what he's doing. Also, I think Hostel's a good horror. I was kind of terrified during that movie, so much that I made a story that took the same idea. Check it out, let me know what you think.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2723801/1/Trapped

9/25/2009 #142 Report
Cool Monsters

The black and white The Haunting is still scary. So is Hell House. Also Attack of the Mushroom People, which is an English dubbed Japanese movie. Best animated scary film is Mad Monster Party, jokes by Mad Magazine's first editor, Harvey Kurtzman.

10/23/2009 #143 Report
Covershot

I tend to like older horror movies, such as:

Psycho (1960): IMO, one of the best horror movies of ALL TIME. It was in this movie that I saw why Alfred Hitchcock gets the nickname, "the master of suspense". The death count is low, but what it lacks in gore it makes up for in chilling suspense that will stay with you until the very end. Hell, the serial killer the main murderer is based upon is even scarier. It's a straightforward plot with one mega-twist at the end, so for those who haven't seen it, I wouldn't morally be able to ruin it for you, it's just that good.

Gojira (1954)/Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956): Not really "scary" as downright depressing to me, an American of the modern world, but if one can understand the significance of this movie when it was released. To the Japanese, who had been struck with a nuclear weapon just nine years before, this film was a true horror film, because the main monster "Gojira" is a symbol of that bomb as well as the departed soldiers who had lost their lives in the war.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956): Another personal favorite. It's another movie that proves that you don't need a high body count and lots of gore to be scary. The main character lives in a world where everyone he knew is slowly being replaced by strangers, and he's powerless to stop it.

Jaws (1974): The only good shark movie out there. This movie is great to me because it manages to be more than a run-of-the-mill shark movie where characters exist to get eaten, but manages to add depth to its characters. I mean, the shark doesn't even show up until the end.

11/4/2009 #144 Report
Fractured Illusion

Haha, I had forgotten this topic until I saw the new post - so thanks, Covershot! :D

I've recently watched these two that I'd like to recommend.

Pontypool - Canadian horror. Not at all gory and such. It builds tension and I was, as cliche as it sounds, on the edge of my seat the whole ride. Loved it (though I know I might be in a minority :x) I suggest you watch it without reading what it is about too much, in order to let it surprise you :D

Martyrs - French, I think? This one has gore, but it's definitely interesting and not at all mindless (which is also what makes it so scary). The two main females are very good, too. I didn't care too much toward the end arc though.

11/4/2009 #145 Report
horrorjunkie666

Shoot, with collage starting, I haven't watched to many horror movies ... does AVP count? 'Cause it kinda sucked and wasn't very scary.

Crazy, gory, sensible french film with strong female leads? Must. Watch.

11/4/2009 #146 Report
Fractured Illusion

Crazy, gory, sensible french film with strong female leads? Must. Watch.

XD

With that mindset, you're bound to love it, haha!

What's AVP? :o

11/4/2009 #147 Report
horrorjunkie666

;D I know.

AVP is 'Alien vs Predator'. Basically, it took both franchises, mushed them together and steered the result into an intergalactic brick wall at 90m/hr.

11/4/2009 #148 Report
Connor Mack

You know, I can't remember what I wrote as my favorite horror film earlier on this forum, but now I definately have to change it to Nosferatu from 1922. I know it's really old, but when I watched it, I felt that it was far creepier than any horror film today (except many examples already mentioned here) If nothing else, Nosferatu's vampire is just creepy to look at.

11/4/2009 #149 Report
Halfbloodlycan

I found Pontypool to be an interesting movie. The whole month of October consisted of watching various horror movies and I particularly liked Re-Animator, From Beyond, and Bucket of Blood.

11/4/2009 #150 Report
225 found: « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service