Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » Favorite Horror Movie »
Favorite horror movie
thedakara

My favorite horror movie is without doubt "The Descent". I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the sequel.

8/12/2010 #181 Report
Halfbloodlycan

A couple of my favorites are Silent Hill and The Fly. I really liked 28 Days and 28 Weeks too but I didn't really like the last half hour or so of 28 Weeks .

11/22/2010 #182 Report
Jirehlynn

I love the Devils Rejects. Right amount of awesomeness.

3/10/2011 #183 Report
Jirehlynn

I love the Devils Rejects. Right amount of awesomeness.

3/10/2011 #184 Report
Kijunuah

Since you asked two separate questions, I shall give to separate answers. My favorite horror movie: Alien. It's an intense and suspenseful ride through the torment and torture of the psyche, and riddled with horrifying imagery. Also, it solves the 'Haunted House' phenomena. There's no escape from this haunted house. The Scariest movie I have ever seen: Honestly, most movies don't really scare me. There are a few that have got me pretty chilled to the bone, though. Probably The Exorcist. But recently, I've been intrigued with There Will Be Blood. It's not classified as a horror, but it should be. It's quite the horrifying dive into a man's slowly deteriorating sanity and soul.

8/18/2011 #185 Report
Cool Monsters

If you don't mind black and white films with subtitles try Eyes Without a Face. Very creepy. Not too much gore so it's a surprise when it happens. Yes, the song is based on the movie.

5/9/2012 #186 Report
Mythical Monsters

My fav movie would be rather the Nightmare on Elm Street or the Saw series. The scariest movie I have seen is The Excorcist.

6/13/2012 #187 Report
ArchmageLevel30

Saw? 1980s movies are oldies? Sticking to the 90s and later means ignoring the best the genre has to offer.

6/13/2012 #188 Report
ArchmageLevel30

Is the conversation about movies that scare people or movies that make them sick, because that's two very different things.

6/13/2012 #189 Report
Banestar

30 days of night. Hands Down. Period. Exclamation Point.

7/1/2012 #190 Report
Banestar

@halfbloodlycan You LIKED Silent Hill

7/1/2012 #191 Report
Critias48

Me too, I love the halloween saga, particularly I love the 5, it was great, no matter what people say, and the curse of michael myers, great, only I dont liked the fact jamie had a son and then died

8/9/2012 #192 Report
Critias48

And the creepiest are the original and the curse of michael myers

8/9/2012 #193 Report
Critias48

The creepiest halloween movies are the original and the curse of michael myers. I also loved black christmas 1974

8/9/2012 #194 Report
Cool Monsters

Halloween is considered the beginning of the slasher films but there were movies in that genre before that, including Suspiria, an Italian film made two years earlier that Halloween used ideas from. A remake of Suspiria is being made now starring the girl that played Clove in Hunger Games. The original used to be on youtube but was taken down awhile back. The music score and final attack were scarier than anything in Halloween and if they're smart they'll use the original music in the remake.

8/9/2012 #195 Report
PinkBookmarkGirl

I have two that are evenly tied. But they are The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Ward! I don't knowif TNBF counts as horror but oh well.

9/18/2012 #196 Report
Mawr Gorshin

Great movie, with Scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis! :)

7/18/2013 #197 Report
Mawr Gorshin

Which 'Fly' do you mean, the original or the Jeff Goldblum remake? 28 Days Later was great, too. :)

7/18/2013 #198 Report
Mawr Gorshin

Which 'Fly' do you mean, the original or the Jeff Goldblum remake? 28 Days Later was great, too. :)

7/18/2013 #199 Report
Mawr Gorshin

Great movie, with Scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis! :)

7/18/2013 #200 Report
Cool Monsters

The ending of the original Fly works better if you slow down the fly's voice at the end to make him sound human. The actor was very unhappy that his voice was speeded up causing some people to laugh at what was supposed to be a very disturbing scene. Someone slowed down his voice and put the scene on youtube and it works a lot better as horror.

7/18/2013 #201 Report
Mawr Gorshin

I was OK with the sped up voice in the original 'Fly'. I still thought the scene was disturbing, I never laughed; it sure was a great movie.

7/18/2013 #202 Report
Cool Monsters

Vincent Price was annoyed his entire life by people saying how great he was as the fly, despite his constantly pointing out he didn't play that character.

7/18/2013 #203 Report
Mawr Gorshin

@Cool Monsters: Ha! Ha! (re: Vincent Price) He was great, however, in the original 'House of Wax'.

7/18/2013 #204 Report
Cool Monsters

One never forgets the paddle ball sequence. It was based on Mystery of the Wax Museum, a movie made in red and green because Technicolor hadn't perfected their color film process yet. Haven't seen it but I've heard the color was mostly washed out over the years and it's now blue and pink.

7/18/2013 #205 Report
RedHunter13

My favorite horror movie is Nightmare on Elm Street. This movie really shows what happens when a town takes the law into their own hands. Because now they've created a monster that haunts their kids dreams, and kills them off one by one. Using their own fears against them was really the thing I thought made the movie successful.

8/7/2013 #206 Report
Mawr Gorshin

My absolute favourite horror movie would have to be The Omen (1976): the singing, with the Satanic Latin liturgy, always gives me chills; and that evil nanny was great.

8/7/2013 #207 Report
D.M. Stormwell

My favorites would be The Evil Dead trilogy. I loved the new one as well! But they don't scare me the most. I'd say the only horror movie that truly made me jump was The Descent, something about cave dwelling, in tight claustrophobic spaces in the dark, with little creatures tormenting you that just really gets me. Lol.

I wrote a short story inspired by Evil Dead, takes place on a ship at sea. Check it out if you guys like The Evil Dead stories. It's similar, yet very different at the same time.

9/2/2013 #208 Report
FairyMermaid

The Vincent Price Poe movies were good, especially Pit and the Pendulum, Masque of the Red Death, and House of Usher.

9/2/2013 #209 Report
Mawr Gorshin

Do you have a link to your short story? Is it here on FictionPress? I have some horror story excerpts on my blog at

9/3/2013 #210 Report
225 found: « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service