Just In
Community
Forum
V
More
Forums » Bunker 9 »
An Introduction to the World That is Bunker 9
A Silena River

The year is 1537. The month is November...

Imagine you were one of the 80 people selected to live in Bunker 9, one of dozens built by a very powerful company called Viruales Inc. Bunker 9 is a large facility composed of four dormitories, two recreational spaces, and one large mess hall. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, this bunker is the best way to ride out the apocalypse in style.

You are quite lucky to have been pre-selected to live in this community, and must have some skill or other that makes you valuable. But this means that you may have left behind family or friends; those who were not chosen, yet were quite close to you, with no way of reaching them or knowing if they are alright.

The 80 people of Bunker 9 are skilled in professions such as the medical arts, law, and music, all selected to better function as a group and be one cohesive, working unit. For the first eight months, things had run smoothly; but everything changed when we recieved a transmission from Viruales. The transmission sparked a debate among the 80, and that debate quickly flowered into an argument. Within a month, things had escalated violently and factions had emerged. There were two main factions that were quite hostile towards each other, and another, smaller faction that was more of a neutral party. The three factions are these: Audaeu, Prudensia and Legatus.

Audaeu: These are the bold, the robust, and the brave of the 80. Always daring and often reckless, many musicians and other characters of dauntless nature are stout and powerful. Audaeu is known for its out-spoken and boisterous members, well-accustomed to being the life of the party. There are doctors and members of other such professions in this faction, but they are not as rigid as those of their opposing faction.

Prudensia: The wise and sensible of the 80, the members of Prudensia are knowledge-seeking and prideful. Rational in thinking and logical in thought, these are mathematicians and engineers, doctors and lawyers. Often thought of as stiff and boring by the members of Audaeu, they are merely cautious and studious. Despite their strong sense of superiority, they seek an alliance with the small faction of Legatus.

Legatus: Diplomats and ambassadors, the few members of Legatus attempt to keep the peace between the two larger factions. While this is a considerable feat, they can only succeed in preventing all-out warfare. This faction has a council of three and numerous--yet few--delagates that travel between Audaeu and Prudensia, acting as agents of amity. The members of this faction are strong of will and bold of heart, yet are restrained and polite, despite whatever may be said or done to them. The epitome of an ambassador, they are magnanimous and humane to whoever they may encounter, stowing away any negative feelings toward that person to be released later among the company of friends.

Other:

I use the word "nukes" to describe their apocalypse, but it's so much more. You wouldn't have understood if I said the 114-118, or the Flerovium-Ununoctium bomb, which is at least 1,000x worse than a nuke. It releases the gas Ununoctium and spreads tiny, shimmering flakes of the element Flerovium. The gas locks into the systems--after you breathe it in, of course--of everyone without the blood type A or O negative. Those two have a sort of immunity to it. But if you're not killed by the gas, you're mutated by it. It makes for nasty mutated human/creature/things that may or may not still have control of their mental facilities--O negative is more resistant to this mutation and has a better chance of staying sane.

Then there's those tiny flakes of Flerovium that are floating through the air. The silver-hued flakes are quite light, and will float for weeks, if not months--or years. Some of the flakes combine with the gas, and over time are mutated into miniscule creatures that look like bright silver flecks. Small, but deadly. And These creatures have the ability to merge with each other to form a larger beast, sometimes mimicking the shapes of the carcasses of animals that had died in the initial explosion and had become their meals.

So that gives you beasts of metal--which gives them hides as tough as steel, ignoring a few weak points--and the most dangerous attributes of the creatures of their region and mutated humans that may or may not be insane. With deadly gases and pretty flecks of shimmering silver stuff floating around. Then add the radiation and tempremental I-can-explode-and-wipe-out-half-a-state thing from the nukes we have now. Multiply it by, I dunno, 1,002. And this is what you get.

((Wow, I had way too much fun making that up.))

-

You must choose one of these factions and your charrie must live accordingly, yet there is always room for expansion and improvement of the plotline. Submit any ideas or questions for/about the forum here.

Thanks! Peace off.

12/22/2012 . Edited 1/14/2013 #1 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

You wouldn't have understood if I said the 114-118, or the Flerovium-Ununoctium bomb.

Try me. I'm more of a science geek than I let on.

1/28/2013 #2 Report
A Silena River

Alrighty. Glad to hear it, mate!

Yeah, this story has awakened my not-so-inner science geek.(;

1/28/2013 . Edited 1/28/2013 #3 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

Well, I don't know. It seems pretty inner with you.

1/29/2013 #4 Report
A Silena River

Really?

Hmm.

I guess it was just awakened for this story.

It was pretty inner before, now that I think about it.

1/29/2013 #5 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

Yeah, you never used to lecture us on the chemical dangers of sunscreen. I'm pretty sure I talked Talia's ear off with that stuff.

1/30/2013 #6 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

Just saying, yours is more inner than mine.

1/30/2013 #7 Report
A Silena River

Fair enough.

1/31/2013 #8 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

WOOHOO! I WIN!

2/4/2013 #9 Report
A Silena River

You win...

An apple.

2/4/2013 #10 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

You give the lamest prizes. *pouty face*

2/6/2013 #11 Report
A Silena River

Apples are rubbish.

Sorry, here's a virtual cookie. ( )

Care for chocolate chip? (::)

2/6/2013 #12 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

You, dear, are strange.

2/7/2013 #13 Report
A Silena River

Ah, yes. But of course, mate!

Aren't we all?

2/9/2013 #14 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

Fine. You more than the rest of us.

NO WAIT! That's Paige.

2/11/2013 #15 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

PS--I was nice to her after you guys left.

2/11/2013 #16 Report
A Silena River

Good!

You'd better be!(;

2/13/2013 #17 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

I felt really bad about it.

2/14/2013 #18 Report
A Silena River

Then don't be so mean!

I know it's fun, but make sure to give lots of hugs and praises in between the tear-downs, okay?

2/14/2013 #19 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

I do!

2/15/2013 #20 Report
A Silena River

Good.(:

2/16/2013 #21 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

Yeah. I can't believe the Season 3 finale of Downton. There is no way I'm going to sleep at night, knowing that a) Downton has lost its main financial supporter, b) Mary has lost her husband, c) Mary's baby has lost his father, and d) BABY SIBY AND MARY'S BABY ARE BASICALLY TWINS A YEAR APART!

2/19/2013 . Edited 2/21/2013 #22 Report
A Silena River

Ohhh, that's not cool. Poor baby! Woah, twins? Oookay!

Well, I'm surprised I can sleep at night after watching The Riechenbach Fall. But I manage...

2/20/2013 #23 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

I've been in such shock that there's no room for feels.

2/21/2013 #24 Report
A Silena River

... :'( ...

2/21/2013 #25 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

None. None at all.

2/25/2013 #26 Report
A Silena River

Sadly, that's not my case. These mortal emotions are starting to get to me, mate.

2/27/2013 #27 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

We were playing Freeze yesterday in theater, and JP and Nathan made a really funny Doctor Who reference. JP was one of the daleks, and he killed Nathan, who regenerated and went, "I am the first female doctor in the entire history." Everyone was cracking up. You know, everyone but me.

2/28/2013 #28 Report
A Silena River

Dude! That's awesome! :p

Aww... You poor thing! *strokes hair* There there...

2/28/2013 #29 Report
Phineas Angelo DeMayo

The next thing Nathan said was, "Someone please yell 'Freeze' because this is getting very awkward."

3/1/2013 #30 Report
54 found: Page 1 2 Next »
Reply  Follow Follow

Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service