Hello! :) My name is Chelsea. I'm not really a writer here because, as somewhat of a perfectionist, I find it hard to put to paper the things that I imagine without re-wording, switching around, and changing it all about a hundred times. Therefore, I'm a reader and reviewer only. But for anyone wanting to know a little more about me:
• The most important thing anyone needs to know about me is that I was baptized into Christ's one church on June 15, 2006 (at about 12:45 in the morning, haha).
• I am twenty-one years old as of June 20, 2010, a milestone that means nothing to me except maybe that I could own a gun if I really wanted.
• I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I will not have sex before I am within that precious bond of marriage, I don't curse, and I don't choose to be around any of those things.
• Both personally and politically, I'm very conservative.
• My idea of fun is a card night (rummy, Egyptian Rapture, spoons...), board game night, and/or movie night with my closest, silliest friends.
• I have a strange sense of humor, and I've inherited plenty of sarcasm (the good-natured, ribbing kind, of course).
• I sing randomly, sometimes (okay, a lot of times) sentences in conversation, and I break into silly dance moves whether someone is watching or not.
• I love movies, flowers (except roses), gummy bears, elephants, purple, Disney World, curly hair, Aaron Hotchner, Spencer Reid (both from Criminal Minds ;)), rollercoasters, babies, cats, chocolate chess pie, redheads, Diana singings, and-- for whatever reason-- Japan's national soccer team (especially Tulio!).
• I could never begin to list favorite movies as there are far too many, but as far as music goes, my tastes are all over the place. I literally like just about any genre you can think of except for bluegrass and dirty, gangsta rap, including but not limited to: rock, ska, 90s dance/techno, 80s hair ballads (and in general), Hispanic rap, emo, 70s classic rock, a bit from the 50s and 60s, even some pop and country from when I was younger.
• I like to read romantic stories, but it's so hard to find ones that are clean, let alone humorous with college-aged or older characters as well, so I don't really have any in book form that I can list as favorites at the moment. I also like fantasy books. I love Harry Potter (and make references in casual conversation, haha), the Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce, A Song in the Silence by Elizabeth Kerner, The Last Confederate by Gilbert Morris, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, Jane Austen's novels (even though she gets a bit windy), etc.
Favorite quotes include:
• "The people who are trying to make this world worse are not taking a day off. How can I?" - Will Smith (paraphrasing a Bob Marley quote in "I Am Legend")
• "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
• "Nobody in his right mind would ever believe that a dictionary developed because of an explosion in a printing press." - Ravi Zacharias
• "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom." - Benjamin Franklin
• “To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.” - Thomas Jefferson
• "A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." - Samuel Adams
• "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible." - George Washington
• "Earth laughs in flowers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
• "There is no greater importance in all the world like knowing you are right and that the wave of the world is wrong, yet the wave crashes upon you." - Norman Mailer
• "Keep in mind that many people have died for what they believe; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe." - Christopher Paolini
• "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides." - David Viscott
• "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain
• "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
• "They were just The Peas until Chuck Norris heard their music." - Unknown
• "The bigger my gut gets, the smaller the guitar I want. I'm gonna end up with a ukulele." - A man from my congregation