Hello, fair readers. As you can see from my User ID, my name is Andrew Rigefsky. I also go by Andy, Drew, Andreu, Evan (middle name), and "Hey you, kid." As long as you call me something that isn't incredibly horrible, then I'm good.
I'm a 22-year old from Philadelphia, recently graduated from a college in DC with a Bachelor's Degree in a field I don't really like anymore (way to go, expensive college!). I've been writing off and on since middle school, but like most writers, I find that most of my stuff sucks.
Currently Working On:
Intern on the Hill - A Washington DC political drama, centered on a Congressional staffer who has to reconcile his sexuality with his employer's conservative stance, with a little slash thrown in. Working on Chapter 2, First Day on the Job.
Home Run - A slash-romance of a graduate student and the pro-baseball player he can't seem to get out of his mind. Working on Chapter 11, The Other Side, and Chapter E2 (Second-From-End).
Taurus Reboot - A novel (rewrite) of a prince, a galactic war and the fight to save humanity from complete annihilation.
Jetsetter - The story of a twenty-something and his grappling between the life he has now or the ex he left behind.
Visit my Twitter page here to catch up on the latest news about my musings: http://twitter.com/drewrigefsky
I'm going to answer the ten questions James Lipton asks on Inside the Actors Studio, because I hope one day I actually get to answer these questions on his show:
1. What is your favorite word? Fantasia.
2. What is your least favorite word? Moist.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Originality. I love when people think outside of the box and see things that others can't; I think that's a really powerful thing.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Bigotry, racism, sexism. Saying things that are particularly hurtful to others. Having a closed mind solves nothing.
5. What sound or noise do you love? Car horns, actually. It's strange, but growing up in a city all of my life, car horns give me comfort and make me feel part of a community.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? The sound of a fly or bee buzzing around my head. I have a phobia of them and will stop everything I'm doing to kill them if they're inside. Sorry, PETA.
7. What is your favorite curse word? That's an easy one. The good ol' F word. It means so many different things, and it's so fantastic when it's used sparingly.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd love to be Secretary of Transportation in the US; so many things we're doing wrong in this country with regards to that.
9. What profession would you not like to do? I'd hate to work in a sales or marketing job. It makes me feel like a prostitute.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Two things. "Welcome home," and "The rest of the gays are waiting to give you wings."
Favorite quote of all time - "He's not a stalker when we're the ones who are trying to find him wherever we go." - A best friend of mine. You know who you are.
Favorite songs (as of right now) - Anything Glee related.
I have a low heat tolerance and like my air conditioning set to 69ºF at all times - I'm always overheating. I like obscure references to old Nickelodeon shows, back when they had good ones. I love rugby and played it until both of my kneecaps came out of their sockets. I am a devout fan of both Veronica Mars and Battlestar Galactica and often wondered if the two were combined with Tori Spelling's comedy So NoTORIous on VH1 (Zachery Quinto...drool) what would happen. And one of my favorite movies is Linda, Linda, Linda, a movie about a group of Japanese girls who decide to make their own girl band (and I identify with the Korean exchange student who's the singer...cause she fights to be herself). And you better believe I'm going to the open auditions for Glee!